The NHS has mandated minimal requirements for each school to satisfy, but encourages high expectations and latitude within each chapter. We have met these minimal requirements and have raised the expectations to match the desire of excellence here at TCS.
To be considered eligible for membership in the National Honor Society, a student must meet all of the following minimal criteria:
1. attendance at Timothy Christian High School for at least one full year
2. hold a cumulative GPA of 3.5 by the end of the 2nd marking period of the junior year
3. received no Saturday detentions or suspension
4. have accepted Jesus Christ as personal Savior
5. approval by a majority of the student’s current teachers (Teachers are looking for a consistent and exemplary display of responsibility, leadership, service, Christian testimony, positive influence on peers, support of TCS and its policies, respect for authority, self-control, integrity and interest in things of the Lord, etc. in making their recommendations.)
6. willingness to serve a minimum of 40 minutes per week to TCS and/or their community
If all of the above criteria are met, the student will be given an NHS questionnaire to fill out. This questionnaire focuses on the areas of Christian testimony, service and leadership. To be considered, a questionnaire must be submitted by the deadline, no exceptions.
The questionnaire will be reviewed, ensuring that the student has met the criteria of the NHS. The student will receive a response letter from the HS Principal. If accepted, an invitation to the induction dinner will be given.
Additionally, the student is expected to maintain all of the requirements of NHS. If the student falls short, he/she will be removed from the Timothian Chapter of the National Honor Society and he or she will not be eligible for reinstatement until the following year.