‘TCS is an investment in eternity.’ Those words, spoken by TCS Superintendent Dr. Hubert Hartzler, rang true throughout the gymnasium as a tremendous evening of celebration came to a close. The TCS gymnasium was transformed into a beautiful banquet hall decorated with student artwork portraying the fruits of the spirit. The atmosphere was joyful and vibrant as people from all corners of the TCS community fellowshipped throughout the evening. The guest list for the Spring Banquet included current parents, parents of alumni, grandparents, current faculty, former faculty, community leaders, unique friends of TCS and prospective families.
Students and faculty acted as the ‘help’ for the evening serving a delicious meal catered by Pastora’s in Edison which is run by a TCS family. Special music, performed by our band and choral ensemble, accented the sweet atmosphere and good food.
The Spring Banquet service featured student and parent testimonies that echoed the theme that Timothy Christian School provides excellent academics with a Biblical world-view and enables them to grow in their relationship with Christ.
Check out some of the highlights from the student and parent testimonies:
– Elena DiLeo, high school senior, spoke about being at TCS since kindergarten and being able to develop life-long relationships with friends and teachers who have guided her academically and spiritually.
– TCS parent, Mr. Anthony Wilkinson J.D., shared that his daughter received a merit scholarship to attend Ohio University for four years as a result of her hard work and the education that she received at Timothy Christian School.
– Drs. John & Aleita Eck, parents of alumni, shared how well prepared all 5 of their children were to earn multiple levels of college degrees and excel in rigorous and competitive academic environments.
– Mindy Xu, a 7th grade student from our Timothy International Program (T.I.P.) from China, shared how she learned about the Bible and Jesus Christ for the first time at TCS. After 5 months at TCS she accepted Christ as her personal Lord and Savior.
– Two TCS students that have benefited from TCS’ Scholarship fund shared with grateful hearts about the impact TCS has made on the lives of them and their families.
– Guest speaker, Bud Schindler (author of ‘Educating for Eternity’), reminded attendees how blessed Central Jersey is to have a school like Timothy Christian where God’s word is paramount and children are being educated for eternity.
Dr. Hartzler closed the evening with the challenge to “make an investment for eternity.” Many have already responded to his challenge with generous donations and faith promises that will benefit the Timothy Scholarship Fund, academic & extra-curricular programs and facilities enhancements. If you missed the opportunity that night and would like to make an eternal investment in Timothy Christian School by financial contribution, you may send a check or make a donation on-line here