A Month of Great Giving

Tuesday, December 3rd was Giving Tuesday – a day recognized worldwide for giving to your favorite non-profit. Many of you chose to give to the ministry of Timothy Christian School on this day, and we are truly grateful for you. A total of $28,161 was raised for TCS – that’s almost five times the amount raised last year!

Your donations support the annual fund which closes the gap in funding needed for everything we do, from academic excellence and fine arts, to other areas including facility improvements, safety, professional development, athletics and tuition assistance. Tuition assistance helps 30% of our families provide a Christian education for their children. Tuition only covers 80% of the school’s budget. The remaining 20% comes through our facility rentals and the annual fund.

“We thank God for the outpouring of support we received on Giving Tuesday,” says Director of Advancement, Lisa Dyer. “We saw giving from our alumni, parents, alumni parents and current faculty, among others. Collectively as a community, we demonstrated how important this ministry is in the lives of so many.”

Speaking of giving, our students showed off their giving side as well in the month of November. Middle school students packed 85 boxes for the Operation Christmas Child ministry. This ministry supports children in impoverished areas with a Christmas gift. TCS students came together to sort and pack hundreds of small gifts into their boxes.

“I felt good doing for others knowing they would feel happy,” says 7th grader, Donovan Toussaint.

8th Grader, Anaya Register says, “I really enjoyed giving to Operation Christmas Child because it’s a chance to give to other children who don’t have as much as we have.”

From the littlest Tiger in K4 to 12th grade, TCS students also had the chance to experience the good feeling of giving as they “stuffed the truck” with food for My Neighbor’s Pantry ministry.

“I like to give food to other people and share,” explained second grader, Josh Gamadia.

“I was excited to bring food in and go on the truck,” added first grader, Luigina Ziegler.

The high school has been collecting canned good for My Neighbor’s Pantry for the last six years. “Within the high school we have the “Can Competition” as part of our Spirit Week. The goal is to see which grade level can bring in the most cans. As each class bonded together to try to win, our competitive nature brought out the best in us to bring in a large number of cans. In the end, the classes came out with a giving sprit as well as lots of cans to bless those less fortunate than us!” says senior, Mark Ruta.

In total, TCS packed 2,866 lbs. of non-perishable food items!

As you give this Christmas season, please consider the ways your shopping could help support TCS. Visit our website to learn more. You can also still support TCS all year long at timothychristian.org/give.